Arris has numerous Internet connecting devices, a wide range of wireless routers and modems which you can install and utilize the internet services provided by different internet service providers. Mostly users prefer using personal routers and other devices. Since pandemic most the corporate offices have shifted to work from home, everyone requires a proper Wi-Fi setup. Arris Firmware update can be easily done without the help of a technician. So here are the steps you must follow for updating the Arris firmware router.
Steps to update firmware on Arris Router:
The following are some simple steps that you need to follow for Arris Firmware update. Let’s take a look at the steps:
- First you have to identify the software version you are currently using on your Ariss router. For this, you must type 192.168.0.1 in the URL section. This would allow you to log into your Arris router.
- Check for the firmware version of your Arris router.
- Afterwards, go to the download section and download the most recent version of the firmware.
- It is important as the firmware update should be compatible with the Arris router model you are currently using.
- Return to the web interface and follow the step- by- step process to complete Arris router update firmware.
- Now, locate the edit option. You can select the image you wish to upgrade.
- The last step is rebooting of Arris router and Arris firmware update is complete.
Arris router also helps you connect and establish a connection with other devices through the WPS method. For this, you need to enable the WPS settings and then press the button. If you find, there is no WPS button on Arris router. It is possible that you are looking for it on the wrong side of the router. Usually the WPS button is present at the back of the router. But depending on the model of your Arris router, it may vary and might be located in the from or beside other buttons on the router.
Now let’s have a look at the steps for Arris modem router setup. First, you have to connect your router and modem through an Ethernet cable. Then, take another cable and connect your internet device to the router.
Steps to setup Arris router:
- Ensure that the device is connected to your ATT router.
- Open your web browser and type 192.168.0.1, the IP address of the router.
- Now, enter the username and password for your Arris router.
- Arris router access code in default settings are - password : admin username : admin.
- Then, click enter.
- Log in to your router and change the settings as you require.
Another important process you should be aware of is port forwarding if you are configuring the Arris router. Here are the steps for Arris router port forwarding. Navigate to settings and click on forwarding. Then, select virtual servers. You will see the option of add new, click on that. Now, you have to enter the service port, internal port and the IP address. Click on all under the protocol. Select enabled under the status. Lastly, click on save to apply the changes.